You need to login or register to save this state.


The state of Utah has redesigned its teacher licensure structure in June of 2020. According to a new model, there are 3 tiers of licensure: a Local Educational Authority (LEA)-specific Teaching License, an Associate Educator License (AEL), and a Professional Educator License (PEL).  An LEA-Specific educator license is issued by the state board at the request of a local school board, or LEA, that allows for an employee to fill a position in the LEA if other licensing routes for the applicant are untenable or unreasonable. The Associate Educator License is for those who have not completed an educator preparation program (university-based or alternate program). AEL is a temporary, non-transferable license. A potential educator must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university. Upon completion of all requirements, the teacher qualifies for the PEL.


For additional information about certification, please, consult the Utah State Department of Education.


Web site: https://www.schools.utah.gov/

Contact name:  Utah State Board of Education

Contact phone number: (801) 538-7740

Contact email: [email protected]

Languages: Arabic|Chinese|Farsi| French|German|Hindi|Italian|Japanese|Korean|Latin|Portuguese| Russian|Samoan|Spanish|Turkish|Tongan|Other


This is a list that the state maintains of approved credentialing programs. Use this list to search for credentialing programs that fit your needs. This list displays all credentialing programs (including those that are not specifically for world language teaching). The state may periodically change this list. Credential-seeking individuals must attend a program from this approved list to receive credentials in the state of Utah.  http://www.teachutah.org/colleges-universities

Posted in .