Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (NY)

You need to login or register to save this route.


A teacher holding an out-of-state teaching license can qualify for NYS teaching certificate via an Endorsement of a Classroom Teaching Certificate Pathway. This application path is only available at the Initial certification level. The applicant must hold a valid, comparable, U.S. State or Territory certificate in the subject of the certification sought, and have three years of certified public school teaching experience in other U.S. State(s) or Territory(ies) within the seven years preceding the application date. If the certification-seeker does not have teaching sufficient teaching experience after completing an out-of-state teacher preparation program, they qualify for the Conditional Initial (1-year) Certificate while meeting the teaching experience requirement.

Language: Afrikaans|Albanian|ASL|Arabic|Armenian|Bengali|Czechoslovakian|Dutch|Chinese-Cantonese|Chinese-Manadarin|Farsi|French|German|Greek|Haitian Creole|Hebrew|Hindi|Hungarian|Irish|Italian|Japanese|Korean|Latin|Mohawk|Oneida|Polish|Portuguese|Punjabi|Romanian|Russian|Seneca|Spanish|Swahili|Swedish|Taglog|Ukrainian|Urdu|Vietnamese

State Information
State: New York
Contact Name: Office of Teaching Initiatives
Contact Phone: (518) 474-3901
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/teachrecotherendorsement.html

Last updated on: December 15, 2020
Posted in .