Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (OH)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Candidates who have completed an approved, traditional teacher preparation program through an accredited college/university and have less than three years of teaching experience under a standard or professional out-of-state teaching license may apply for a Four-Year Resident educator license. If the applicant has taught under a standard or professional out-of-state teaching license for three years or more, they may apply for a professional license. Those who are employed in an Ohio school may apply for a one-year out-of-state teaching license to allow time to complete the required Ohio licensure exam(s).  To be eligible for this license, the candidate must hold a valid, standard out-of-state teaching license and have met all requirements for a standard Ohio teaching license except for the Ohio licensure exams.

Language: ASL|Arabic|Chinese-Mandarin|French|German|Greek|Hebrew|Italian|Japanese|Korean|Latin|Portugese|Russian|Spanish|Swahili|Turkish|Ukrainian

State Information
State: Ohio
Contact Name: Office of Educator Licensure
Contact Phone: 877-644-6338
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Teaching/Licensure/Out-of-State-Licensure

Last updated on: January 27, 2021
Posted in .