Foreign Credentials Approach (Out-Of-Country) (NV)

You need to login or register to save this route.


The Nevada Department of Education will work with applicants who hold foreign licensure to grant reciprocal licensure on a case-by-case basis. The process is more difficult due to the differences in requirements for Nevada from those from other countries. Reciprocity is not guaranteed. When applying for reciprocal licensure, original transcripts and foreign transcripts evaluations are still required as well as a valid copy of any/all current licenses applicants hold through another country. An applicant for a Nevada educator license who submits a foreign transcript (i.e. any transcript issued by a college or university outside the United States) for consideration must submit an evaluation of that transcript performed by an independent evaluation agency which has been approved by the Nevada Commission on Professional Standards in Education. A transcript from a Canadian college or university is only subject to the requirements above if it is in a language other than English.

Language: ASL|Arabic| Chinese-Mandarin|French|German|Hebrew|Italian|Japanese|Korean|Latin|Native American|Russian|Spanish|Tagalog|Turkish|Other

State Information
State: Nevada
Contact Name: State of Nevada Department of Education
Contact Phone: (775) 687-9115
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: November 6, 2020
Posted in .