Foreign Credentials Route (Out-Of-Country) (CT)

You need to login or register to save this route.


If certification-seekers have completed any education required for certification outside the United States, they must have credentials evaluated by an agency currently approved by the Connecticut State Department of Education and meet current certification requirements, including coursework and assessments, as appropriate. In addition to a course evaluation, the applicants must submit ED 126 Statement of Successful Professional Experience, verifying completion of K–12 teaching/service completed within the past 10 years in foreign public schools or approved nonpublic schools, along with a copy of the certificate or license authorizing this service. Foreign experience must be verified by the superintendent or head of the school district, or by the ministry of education or other authorized agency. If the verification of teaching experience or the teaching license or authorization is printed in a language other than English, the original document must be accompanied by a notarized translation.

Language: ASL|Arabic|French|German|Greek|Italian|Japanese|Latin|Chinese-Mandarin|Polish|Portugese|Russian|Spanish

State Information
State: Connecticut
Contact Name: Bureau of Certification
Contact Phone: 860-713-6969
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: December 4, 2020
Posted in .