Teaching Permit (TN)

You need to login or register to save this route.


A school district or public charter school may apply for a permit to hire an applicant for an academic endorsement only if the applicant holds a bachelor’s degree. The school district may renew a permit twice by meeting stated requirements, allowing an educator to serve on a permit for a total of three years. A permit may be issued if the school district or public charter school meets the following requirements: a director of schools or public charter school states intent to employ and indicates the position to be held by the applicant; the school district or public charter school indicates that it is unable to obtain the services of a licensed educator for the type and kind of school in which the vacancy exists; and the school district or public charter school identifies and documents a targeted recruitment strategy for the position or shortage area. The strategy may include but is not limited to, partnerships with educator preparation providers, advertisements, or recruitment campaigns. https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/education/licensure/license_types_key_terms.pdf

Language: ASL|Arabic|Chinese|French|German|Greek|Japanese|Latin|Russian|Spanish|Other

State Information
State: Tennessee
Contact Name: Office of Educator Licensing
Contact Phone: 615-532-4885
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website: http://www.tn.gov/education/section/licensing

Last updated on: June 9, 2021
Posted in .