Visiting International Teacher Permit (VITP)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Visiting International Teacher Permit (VITP) is issued to global educators (presently, from Spain and China) who want to teach in Connecticut under a J-1 Visa. VITP is issued for one year and is renewable up to two times. For visiting teacher from Spain, teachers are expected to be fully certified in their country, holder of a master’s degree (preferred), able to show at least 3 years of teaching experience, and with backgrounds in bilingual and multicultural education. For teaching visiting from China, the candidate must hold a teaching certification, bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred), at least 3 years of teaching experience, and proficient in English (must pass ACTFL OPI).

Language: ASL|Arabic|French|German|Greek|Italian|Japanese|Latin|Chinese-Mandarin|Polish|Portugese|Russian|Spanish

State Information
State: Connecticut
Contact Name: Bureau of Certification
Contact Phone: 860-713-6969
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: December 4, 2020
Posted in .