Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (IN)

You need to login or register to save this route.


If the certification seeker holds a valid out-of-state license or has completed an NCATE/CAEP accredited or state approved teacher preparation program in another state and wants to obtain an Indiana teaching license, there are licensure paths available. Indiana requires an applicant to pass a content (subject matter) licensure test in every content area that will appear on the Indiana license issued.  In content areas in which the applicant has not passed a test, they may be eligible for a one-year temporary reciprocal permit if they do not hold a valid out-of-state license, on which they may teach while meeting Indiana’s testing requirements.  Eligibility for the reciprocal permit means that some of the Indiana requirements for licensure have been met and one holds a valid (unexpired) out-of-state license.  

Language: ASL|Arabic|Chinese|French|German|Greek|Hebrew|Italian| Japanese|Korean|Latin|Russian|Spanish|Other

State Information
State: Indiana
Contact Name:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
For more information please visit the state website: https://www.doe.in.gov/licensing/teacher#OutState

Last updated on: May 27, 2021
Posted in .