Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (ND)

You need to login or register to save this route.


The Out-of-State Reciprocal License (Two-Years) is issued to individuals who graduated from an out-of-state university but do not hold a teaching license in another state. A transcript analysis is completed and a plan of study is developed for each individual indicating the coursework and testing they need. This license can be issued twice, so the educator has a total of four years to complete all requirements. North Dakota’s Education Board encourages those who completed a teaching degree outside of ND to get a teaching license in the state where the degree was earned. This would enable the candidate to then apply for an Other State Educator License (OSEL), an alternative license to an Out-of-State Reciprocal License, and will allow them to not to bypass meeting ND standards (as the teaching standards were already met in the state the degree was earned).


Language: ASL|Chinese|French|Japanese|German|Greek|Latin|Native American|Russian|Spanish

State Information
State: North Dakota
Contact Name: North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board
Contact Phone: (701) 328-2260
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website: https://www.nd.gov/espb/licensure/license-information/types-licenses

Last updated on: January 22, 2021
Posted in .