Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (SD)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Applicant who received a teacher certificate in another state may be eligible for reciprocity based on completion of approved educator program. To qualify for reciprocity the applicant must have completed full state-certification, including a successful student teaching, internship, or field experience. Temporary, emergency, substitute or provisional certificates are not eligible for reciprocity. Graduates of an out-of-state alternative educator programs may qualify for reciprocity based on completion of educator alternative certification program. Applicant may receive a one-year provisional certificate to complete South Dakota Indian Studies.


Language: ASL| French|German|Japanese|Chinese|Latin|Native American|Norwegian|Russian|Spanish|Other

State Information
State: South Dakota
Contact Name:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
For more information please visit the state website: https://doe.sd.gov/certification/documents/RECIPROCITY-%20ED.pdf

Last updated on: July 2, 2021
Posted in .