Foreign Credentials Approach (Out-Of-Country) (SD)

You need to login or register to save this route.


A foreign-educated teacher may qualify for reciprocity based on foreign credential evaluation or a teaching certification. If the applicant holds certification in another country, the one-year provisional certificate can be requested. The provisional certificate allows an individual to be employed while completing the required SD Indian studies course. Documentation must be provided that reflects the equivalent of an educator preparation program was completed.


Language: ASL| French|German|Japanese|Chinese|Latin|Native American|Norwegian|Russian|Spanish|Other

State Information
State: South Dakota
Contact Name:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: July 2, 2021
Posted in .