Foreign Credentials Approach (Out-Of-Country) (MA)

You need to login or register to save this route.


The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education considers educators to be prepared outside of the United States and eligible for the panel review when they possess a bachelor’s degree earned through a regionally accredited organization or the equivalent, and pass the Communication and Literacy Skills MTEL test. Applicants seeking licensure on the basis of foreign (non-U.S.) coursework and/or diplomas must provide the Office of Educator Licensure with a detailed equivalency report or course-by-course evaluation of any college-level credit completed. Independent evaluations must be made by a nationally recognized agency or an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.

Language: ASL|Arabic|Armenian|Chinese (Mandarin)|French|German|Greek|Irish|Italian|Japanese|Khmer|Latin|Portuguese|Russian|Spanish|Turkish|Other.

State Information
State: Massachusetts
Contact Name:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: September 28, 2021
Posted in .