Foreign Credentials Approach (Out-Of-Country) (MI)

You need to login or register to save this route.


For a teacher from another country who has completed a teacher preparation program including student teaching outside the United States (U.S.), he/she may use that program to apply for a Michigan teaching certificate. He/she does not need to be a U.S. citizen or a Michigan resident to qualify for Michigan teacher certification. For teachers prepared in another country, one of the documents needed to meet reciprocity requirements is an original course-by-course evaluation report from a recognized evaluation service, which converts course work and degree(s) into U.S. standards.

Language: Arabic|Chinese-Mandarin|French|German|Greek|Hebrew|Italian|Japanese|Latin|Native American|Spanish|Other

State Information
State: Michigan
Contact Name: Certification Unit
Contact Phone: 517-335-0505
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: October 20, 2020
Posted in .