Foreign Credentials Approach (Out-Of-Country) (NM)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Out-of-country candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a United States regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from another country as verified by an official translation and evaluation from official agency, hold a valid teaching license or authorization to teach in another country that is comparable to the New Mexico license they are seeking; have completed a standard or alternative teacher preparation program approved in another state or country or endorsed in New Mexico, and being able to provide evidence of having satisfactorily taught in any state or foreign country for a period of years required by the certification for which the reciprocity is being sought (Level 1: 1-3 years of teaching; Level 2: 3-5 years of teaching; Level 3A – 6 years of teaching or more)

Language: French|German|Native American|Spanish

State Information
State: New Mexico
Contact Name: New Mexico Professional Licensure Bureau
Contact Phone: 505-827-5800
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: November 13, 2020
Posted in .