Licensure Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (DE)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Delaware Department of Education considers educators who hold a full and current license/certificate in another jurisdiction (any U.S. state, including District of Colombia, Guam, or Puerto Rico) for licensure by reciprocity. Upon review of the documentation, DDOE will determine if: the applicant meets the requirements for an Initial License or Continuing License; if the applicant will be required to complete an approved performance assessment; and whether Delaware offers a comparable certification area to the applicant’s out-of-state credentials. A holder of current National Board certification who relocates to Delaware will receive an Advanced License when applying for Delaware licensure/certification. This license will be valid for the duration of the individual’s National Board certification. Please note that these out-of-state candidates must still apply for Delaware licensure and certification.

Language: ASL|Arabic|Chinese|French|German|Greek|Italian|Japanese|Latin|Spanish|Other

State Information
State: Delaware
Contact Name: Delaware Department of Education
Contact Phone: (302) 857-3388
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: January 19, 2021
Posted in .