Visiting International Teacher (VIT) Route (KS)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Foreign citizens interested in teaching in KS may qualify for a Foreign Exchange License if they meet the following criteria: (1) the individual has completed a teacher preparation program and is credentialed in their country (International Credential Evaluation Report is required as part of application); (2) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) exists between the State Board and the Education authority in participating country; and (3) a district places the teacher in the assignment teaching the language (Spanish or Chinese), OR the subject area they were prepared to teach (elementary, math, etc.). Kansas State Department of Education and the sponsoring program provide support, training, in-service prior to start of school and during the year including work visa issuance.

Language: ASL|American Indian|Arabic|Chinese|Classic Greek|Filipino|French|German|Hebrew|Italian|Japanese|Korean|Latin|Modern Greek|Portuguese|Russian|Spanish|Swahili|Vietnamese|Other

State Information
State: Kansas
Contact Name:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: July 2, 2021
Posted in .