Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (MT)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Montana does not have reciprocity with any state for teacher licensure. To get a Montana teaching license the applicant needs to go through the standard application process. Even though the applicant is a licensed educator in another state, he or she may not meet all the requirements for Class 2 Educator licensure in Montana. If this is the case, then the Class 5 Provisional license may be awarded in the interim. The Class 5 license is non-renewable and can only be held once per teaching career.

Language: Chinese-Mandarin|German|French|Native American|Spanish

State Information
State: Montana
Contact Name: Montana Office of Public Instruction
Contact Phone: (406) 444-2511
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website: http://opi.mt.gov/Educators/Licensure/Educator-Licensure

Last updated on: November 19, 2020
Posted in .