Foreign Credentials Approach (Out-Of-Country) (MT)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Montana does not have reciprocity with any state or country for teacher licensure. To get a Montana teaching license all applicants need to go through the standard application process. The applicant with foreign credentials must work directly with a recognized credentials evaluation agency and have the appropriate evaluation submitted with the application. An acceptable evaluation must include: (1) a course-by-course analysis of each foreign transcript; and (2) documentation of student teaching or supervised teaching experience. The Office of Public Instruction will determine the acceptability of the evaluation.

Language: Chinese-Mandarin|German|French|Native American|Spanish

State Information
State: Montana
Contact Name: Montana Office of Public Instruction
Contact Phone: (406) 444-2511
Contact Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit the state website:

Last updated on: November 19, 2020
Posted in .