Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (VT)

You need to login or register to save this route.


Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (VT)

Eligibility for licensure through reciprocity is determined by meeting requirements under the rules of reciprocity per the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Agreement. Vermont currently has educator reciprocity with all states except: New York, New Mexico, and South Dakota. Educators who hold a current license, or have a recommendation for licensure on their transcript, from any of the states with reciprocity can apply for Initial License through Transcript Review. Regardless of experience, educators who have a non-conditional/non-expired out of state professional educator license will be licensed in Vermont with a Level I Professional Educator’s License.  Once educators have been licensed in Vermont and have taught in Vermont for 3 years, they will be eligible for a Level II Professional Educator’s License.

Language: ASL|Arabic|Chinese|French|German|Greek|Italian|Japanese|Latin|Russian|Spanish

State Information
State: Vermont
Contact Name:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
For more information please visit the state website: https://education.vermont.gov/educator-licensure/become-a-vermont-educator/reciprocity

Last updated on: October 1, 2021
Posted in .