Certificate Reciprocity Approach (Out-Of-State) (WV)

You need to login or register to save this route.


A Professional Teaching Certificate (Out-Of-State) is issued to an individual to work in WV public schools who has attended an out-of-state institution’s state approved teacher preparation program or who holds a valid out-of-state professional teaching certificate. The out-of-state license and endorsement must be valid and equivalent to what is issued by the Office of Certification at the WVDE (ex. transferrable without restrictions, etc.), the applicant has an earned bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA, and has successfully completed student teaching or has an equivalent experience.


Language: Mandarin|Farsi|Italian|Japanese|French|German|Latin|Russian|Spanish

State Information
State: West Virginia
Contact Name:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
For more information please visit the state website: https://wvde.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Licensure-Pathways-Summary-Information.pdf

Last updated on: October 4, 2021
Posted in .